Mr. Rama Aravind Vorray
Staff Project Technical Lead
Professional Qualifications / Trainings
- Staff Project Technical Lead, Spirent Communications, Paignton, UK. (Oct 2020)
- Software Team Lead, GE Aviation, Cheltenham, UK. (Jan 2020 - Oct 2020)
- Software Technical Lead, GE Aviation, Cheltenham, UK. (Jan 2018 - Dec 2019)
- Senior Software Engineer, GE Aviation, Cheltenham, UK. (Oct 2017 - Dec 2017)
- Senior Software Engineer, Esko Software BVBA. (Esko Stonecube Ltd.), UK. (May 2013 - Sep 2017)
- Software Engineer, Esko Software BVBA. (Esko Stonecube Ltd.), Stonehouse, UK. (May 2011 - Apr 2013)
- Software Engineer, ArtVPS Ltd., Cambridge, UK. (September 2010 - April 2011)
- Software Engineer, Vero Software Ltd., Cheltenham, UK. (October 2008 - September 2010)
- Knowledge Transfer Partnership Associate, Department of Computer Science, University College London, London & Vero Software Ltd., Stroud, UK. (October 2006 - October 2008)
- Software Development Officer, Wolfson Medical Vision Laboratory, Department of Engineering Science, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK. (November 2004 - April 2006)
- Managing High Technology Organisations, Certificate Course, London Business School, London. (Jan '08 - Mar '08).
- National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) in Management (level 4), Chartered Management Institute, London. (Aug '06 - Aug '08).
Awards and Participations
- Master of Science (MSc.) in Virtual Environments and Visualization, University of Hull, Hull, UK. (August 2004)
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) in Computer Science and Engineering, Dr. N. N. College of Engineering (University of Madras), TN, India. (May 2003)
- Diploma In Computer Engineering (DCME), A.A.N.M. & V.V.R.S.R. Polytechnic, Gudlavalleru, AP, India. (May 2000)
- Shortlisted for the best South West UK KTP Project Manager for my role at Vero Software Ltd., by Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP), UK. (2009)
- Applied for US Patent on Reverse Engineering Polygonal Meshes Using Discrete Differential Geometry during my role at Vero Software Ltd. (Submitted: March 20, 2008)
- IEEE Computing in Science and Engineering (CiSE) 2006 Peer Reviewer (Rama Vorray, University of Oxford), (CiSE, 9(1), Jan-Feb 2007, pp 3-5).
- Presented a self made software entitled C TUTOR at Infosys Open Software Competition during IIT TECHFEST '99, Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai, India.
- ALL INDIA FIRST in presenting a general paper at Sixth Students and Technicians' Convention and Convocation (1998) conducted by Institution of Engineers (India), in Calcutta, India.
- Merit Award South Asia scholarship from the University of Hull for the academic year 2003-2004.
- Rama Vorray, Gerard O'Driscoll, Anthony Steed, "Reverse Engineering Polygonal Meshes Using Discrete Differential Geometry", Computer Aided Design & Applications, 5(1-4), 2008.
- R.A Vorray, V Grau, H Becher, J.A Noble, "HeartBeAT, A tool to compare and align 3D cardiac datasets of different imaging modalities", European Journal of Echocardiography, Vol.6-S1, Dec. 2005, pp. S115.
- V Rama Aravind, "Energy and Sustainable Development - Emerging Challenges for Young Engineers", Sixth IE(I) Convocation Journal of The Institution of Engineers (INDIA), Oct 31 - Nov 1, 1998.
© Rama Vorray
Pages last updated: 12 Nov 2020